Beans Henderson Lima Bean
Henderson Lima Beans are a classic variety that has been found in gardens for generations! These heirloom lima bean seeds grow into a productive, bushy plant that does well in both garden beds and containers.
Heirloom lima bean seeds should be planted about 1 1/2 inches deep and 3 inches apart after danger of frost. Can be planted in rows or sections 2 feet apart. No need for trellis as Henderson Lima Beans grow low to the ground in a compact bush.
- Lifecycle: annual (vegetable)
- Sowing Method: direct
- Time to Maturity/Harvest: about 2 months
- Sun Requirement: sun
- Ideal Germination: 75°F
- Spacing: 3"
- Depth: 1 1/2"
- Height: 18-24"
- Seeds/Oz: 100
- Seeds Per Packet: 10-15
- Uses: salads, casseroles, soups, canning— low-fat source of healthy complex carbs, fiber, and protein, rich in potassium, iron, magnesium, and vitamin C, they also provide zinc, calcium, vitamin K, and vitamin A
- Heirloom Year: 1888 Heirloom
- Plant Scientific Name: Phaseolus lunatus