Corn Golden Bantam 9-Row Sweet
Small ears of this sweet corn fit perfect on your plate! Yellow and juicy. Can be used for early planting and does well in cool soil. Enjoy fresh or freeze for later!
Home gardener's favorite for years! Sweet and tasty - soon to be your favorite too!
After danger of frost is past plant seeds 3 per foot. Thin seedlings 8 inches apart. Roots are shallow so use care when controlling weeds. A 10-6-4 fertilizer is recommending during early growth but not after ears begin to form.
GOLDEN BANTAM 8 ROW SEED INFORMATION:
- Lifecycle: annual (vegetable)
- Sowing Method: direct
- Time to Maturity/Harvest: about 3 months
- Sun Requirement: sun
- Ideal Germination: 75°F
- Spacing: 8" apart in rows 1.5 feet apart
- Depth: 1 1/2"
- Height: 5-6'
- Seeds/Oz: 200
- Seeds Per Packet: 25-30
- Uses: eat fresh or freeze, an excellent source of protein and is high in vitamin B6, iron, and magnesium
- Heirloom Year: 1902 Heirloom
- Plant Scientific Name: Zea mays