Leek- American Flag
Harken back to the ancient Egyptians with leeks! One of the oldest vegetables cultivated by man, they make for delicious additions to soups, stews, and salads. Try it on the grill too!
Start American Flag leek seeds inside about 8-10 weeks before last frost date. Transplant to prepared garden or container when 2 inches tall. Keep stems covered with soil to keep them white. Ok to harvest after a few light frosts.
AMERICAN FLAG LEEK SEED INFORMATION:
- Lifecycle: Annual (vegetable)
- Time to Maturity: about 3 & 1/2 months
- Sun Requirement: sun
- Spacing: 6" apart
- Depth: 1/4 inch
- 160-165 Seeds Per Packet
- Seeds/Oz: 11000
- Ideal Germination Temperature: 70F
- Sowing Method: Transplant
- Heirloom Year: 1870 Heirloom