Lettuce - Romaine Parris Island Cos Seed
A classic Romaine lettuce for your garden! Tasty and heat resistant!
Plant in prepared soil 1/4 inch deep. Thin plants to 8" apart. The young thinnings can be eaten and are considered "baby greens". The "meaty" leaves are a must for Caesar salads. Plant again in late summer for a second harvest in fall.
- Lifecycle: annual (vegetable)
- Time to Maturity: about 2 months
- Sun Requirement: sun
- Spacing: 8" apart
- Depth: 1/4 inch
- Seeds/Oz: 25000
- Lbs./Acre: 1
- Ideal Germination Temperature: 50F
- Sowing Method: Direct
- Heirloom Year: 1952 Heirloom
- Plant Scientific Name: Lactuca sativa