Sweet Basil - Genovese Seed
A classic pesto basil! This herb gives you a double dose of both fragrance and flavor. Sweet Genovese basil seeds are a wonderful choice for growing both inside and outside.
To start inside, plant sweet Genovese basil seeds 1/4 inch deep in starting mix. Transplant 10" apart after all danger of frost has passed. To start outside plant in late spring when danger of frost is passed. Thin to 10" apart. Great for both containers and gardens! Sweet basil seeds are very frost sensitive.
- Lifecycle: annual
- Time to Maturity: about 2 1/2 months
- Sun Requirement: sun
- Spacing: 8"
- Depth: 1/4 inch
- 320-330 Sweet Basil Seeds Per Packet
- Bloom Season: Summer
- Height: 2-3 feet
- Uses: edible, dried, container, indoor/outdoor
- Seeds/Oz: 10,000
- Ideal Germination Temperature: 65F
- Sowing Method: Transplant
- Seed Count: Approx. 290 seeds per 400mg